Agile Product Management Excellence™
Become an industry-standard Certified Agile Product Manager
and learn how to succeed with an Agile team.
This one day course teaches the necessary practices for working in an Agile environment, and ends with the exam to earn the Agile Certified Product Manager credential. The course covers multiple Agile development methods (Scrum, XP and Lean) and is focused on practical application to make participants more effective the moment they return to their desks. This track will prepare participants for the industry standard AIPMM Agile Certified Product Manager (ACPM®) exam. A testing time may be scheduled upon completion of this track for those participants interested in receiving certification. Material Covered & Schedule:
- Why Agile is good for Product Management (Part 1) - covers the benefits of Agile and what to expect. Learn why Agile can work better than waterfall and what’s in it for you.
- A look at Scrum (Part 2) – covers how Scrum (a popular Agile method) works, the development team’s process, and your role as a product manager.
- Agile Release Management (Part 3) – covers how to take advantage of Agile visibility to track the progress of your release and adjust as new requirements emerge.
- Agile Release Planning (Part 4) – covers how to move from a high-level product vision and break it down into releases and development iterations.
- Agile Documentation (Part 5) – covers how to convey requirements in Agile using story cards.
- Organizing around Agile (Part 6) – covers different strategies for team organization from small, co-located teams to large distributed teams.
- Starting Out with Agile (Part 7) – brings the previous sessions together with practical tips on how to start out with Agile and set your team up for success.
- XP and Lean (Part 8) – covers two other Agile methods, Extreme Programming and Lean Software Development, that provide further perspectives on Agile thinking.
- Wrap-up (Part 9) – looks at Agile in the context of traditional process models and traditional serial development.
- Agile Release Planning Workshop (Part 10) – \a hands-on workshop to introduce the Agile technique of Story Mapping as a way to plan and visualize a release.
Each attendee receives the following:
- Printed copies of all courseware materials covered
- Official personalized diploma
- Ability to qualify to take the Agile Certified Product Manager Exam (online exam is scheduled by you at a later date)
- A copy of Greg Cohen’s Agile Excellence for Product Managers book.
Shunra’s Development Team had already begun the move to Agile prior to our Product Management Team taking this class. While the modifications we made to our lifecycle processes to accommodate Agile were having modest success, the concepts and techniques taught in this class havereally opened our eyes to the huge potential Agile can bring to our products.
- Gene Litt, Senior Director, Product Management & Strategy, Shunra Software
The Agile PM course strengthened my knowledge of the Agile process and helped me to find the best approach for interaction on a product management level. Greg’s deep real world experience in the software industry and his hands-on teaching style brought the issues truly alive. It made the decision to attend the class more than worthwhile.
- Hans Fremuth, Founder, Metability Software
Greg Cohen, Principal Consultant and Trainer for the 280 Group, is a 15 year Product Management veteran with extensive experience and knowledge of Agile development, a member of the Agile Alliance and former President of the Silicon Valley Product Management Association. He has worked and consulted to venture start-ups and large companies alike and has trained product managers on Agile development methods across the country. As a practitioner and frequent commentator on product management issues, he has written and spoken on varied topics such as embracing agile development, the benefits of open sourcing your product, and recession proofing your product management career.
Greg has a background in B2B software and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) including spend analysis, business analytics, contract management, network security, and medical technology. Prior to consulting, he managed over a dozen products from concept through deployment and end of life for Silicon Valley Companies such as Instill (acquired by iTradeNetworks,) Idealab!, and Pandesic (a joint venture between Intel and SAP.)
Greg earned an MBA with honor from Babson College and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with second major in Electrical Engineering from Tufts University. Greg is also an AIPMM Agile Certified Product Manager.
The 280 Group is an Agile Alliance Corporate Member
- Course: $1,295 per person for U.S. public training (includes $395 exam)
- Required AIPMM membership to take the exam $125
Note: Fees may be tax deductible – check with your tax professional. All expenses of continuing education taken to maintain and improve professional skills are tax deductible according to U.S. Treasury Regulation 1.162-5.
Seating is very limited – reserve your space now before the next session sells out.
- March 21st, 2014
St. Edwards University
9420 Research Blvd
Echelon III, Suite 200
Austin, Texas 78759
San Jose, CA
- January 24th, 2014
1999 South Bascom Ave., Ste. 280 (2nd Floor Conference Room)
Campbell, CA 95008
- March 7th, 2014
1616 Anderson Rd.
McLean, VA 22102
- January 31st, 2014
- March 7th, 2014
- Saturday, February 22nd, 2014
- Spring 2014 Coming Soon!
Our policies are solely to compensate for the business costs associated with last minute changes. We offer the benefit of small training classes so attendees receive the maximum attention from instructors. Please carefully review our cancellation/transfer policy.
- Cancellations must be received in writing.
- Cancellations received more than 5 business days before the first day of training will be charged 50% of the training cost.
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the first day of training will be charged 100% of the training cost.
- Transfers will be allowed. The 280 Group must receive the notice in writing from the initial class registrant with the name of individual who is receiving the transfer.
- The 280 Group reserves the right to cancel the training with 5 business days notice. In this case all fees paid will be fully refunded. The 280 Group will not be responsible for any other expenses incurred by attendees, such as non-cancelable airline or hotel fees, etc.